Defending You Against Serious Criminal Charges
At the law firm of Peter A. D'Angelo, PLC, we represent a diverse set of clients, from children charged with juvenile offenses, to adult first-time offenders, to people who have prior criminal convictions.
No matter who you are or what charges you face, timing is important. The sooner you contact us, the sooner our lawyers can start the investigative process: gathering evidence, talking to witnesses and developing your defense.
Get the Protection You Deserve From a Michigan Criminal Defense Attorney
The following provides more information about specific criminal charges:
- Drinking offenses: Our lawyers defend people charged with all types of alcohol-related offenses, from operating while intoxicated (OWI) to minor in possession (MIP).
- OWI/DUI defense: A drunk driving conviction can be a job killer, especially if you need to drive for your employment. We assist repeat DUI offenders to minimize the penalties they face, as well as those seeking to challenge sobriety testing procedures.
- Minor in possession: Minor in possession might not seem like a serious crime. Unfortunately, it is a misdemeanor and can result in a criminal record.
- Traffic violations: In addition to costly fines, traffic violations can lead to increased insurance costs or even license suspension.
- Drug charges: From possession to manufacturing, our Kalamazoo area drug possession attorneys will vigorously defend you against drug crime charges for a variety of narcotics, including marijuana, methamphetamine and cocaine.
- Drug manufacturing: Drug manufacturing is a serious charge that can lead to a lengthy prison sentence.
- Criminal sexual conduct: When a conviction can lead to incarceration, loss of reputation and mandatory sex offense registration, you want every resource available to fight the accusations and protect your reputation.
- Rape charges: If you have been charged with rape, you should leave nothing to chance and seek the advice of counsel immediately. Talking with police, regardless of your intentions, might make your situation worse.
- Child pornography: Even a first-time offender can face severe sanctions as well as the stigma associated with the allegations.
- Assault and battery: If you have been charged with assault, you want to start building your defense as soon as possible.
- Weapons offenses: Whether facing weapons charges, unlawful possession or unlawful discharge, a weapons charge has serious consequences.
- Theft: From shoplifting charges to burglary and armed robbery, I defend against a vast array of theft charges that the government may bring against you.
- Fraud charges: From embezzlement and fraud to petty theft, there can be serious consequences associated with these allegations.
- Domestic violence: I will vigorously defend you against allegations of domestic violence and spousal abuse. Do not go without counsel or assume the government will not prosecute the allegations if your wife/girlfriend requests it.
- Violation of protection orders (PPO): Violation of a protection order is a criminal offense that can result in jail and a criminal record.
- Probation violations: Violating the terms of your probation can have serious consequences.
- Criminal appeals and post-conviction matters: If you were wrongly convicted of a crime, our lawyers can handle your post-conviction matters as well as your appeal.
- Expungement: I can assist you in removing a conviction from your record, thereby giving you a fresh start. However, certain factors must be established prior to requesting an expungement from the court. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your situation.
- Juvenile crimes: Facing a different set of challenges and defense options, I protect the rights of minors in the investigative as well as court phases.
- Violent crimes: If you have been charged with homicide, armed robbery or felonious assault, you want to start building your defense as soon as possible.
From our office in Portage, our lawyers defend clients in Kalamazoo, Battle Creek and other communities throughout western Michigan.
Free Criminal Defense Consultation
Before you talk to police or anyone else, call 269-488-0089 or send our Michigan law office an email to schedule a free initial consultation with our Portage criminal defense attorneys. We are available 24/7. Jail visits are available.